All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

Bugle’s Student Athlete

Joseph Rauls

The Bugle’s athlete of the issue is a sophomore named Joseph Rauls, a Eureka High School cross country star.

“I’m blessed to be chosen as the Issue athlete from all the hard work I put in,” Rauls said.

Rauls finished the District 1 Class 5 Missouri high school boys cross country meet with 16:18.90 time, going into the state meet with his team.

“This season means a lot because after this I’m halfway done with my high school cross-country career,” Rauls said.

Rauls has been practicing a lot throughout the season for big meets, using different techniques during practice for his racing.

“We warm up, do a 15-minute warm-up, and into some strides. Then do a workout, and after a cooldown, we finish off with stretching,” Rauls said.

Rauls is an athlete with superstitions too.

“I drink a white Gatorade before every race,” Rauls said.

Rauls is a competitive athlete with major aspects he brings to his game and team.

“He’s a great teammate. He’s always there to support his team. And then you know, the impact that he has on a team. Whether he’s our number one, two, or number three runner, he’s just been great for us,” Eureka varsity boys cross country head coach Bradley Demattei
said.
Rauls is a great athlete on and off the course.

“It just shows the hard work that I put in during the summer running and everything, it just pays off,” Rauls said.