All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

Play 9 Sports and Eureka Parks & Recreations

Eureka has a change coming to Lions Park and their ballpark. Play 9 sports has partnered with Eureka Parks and Recreation to bring more to the community.

“Play 9 sports is hosting tournaments starting this March with over 70 teams involved.” Eureka Parks and Recreation, Luke Hollman said.

Eureka’s league will be playing on Mondays through Thursdays, and Fridays through Sundays there will be tournaments. With Play 9, Eureka is revamping the ballpark with brand new baseball diamonds. The updates include turf infields with a grass outfield and no sand, something new to the Eureka baseball fields.

“The baseball fields will be high school varsity sizes for ages 4u to 19u,” Hollman said.

With Eureka’s local league playing during the week and hosting tournaments on the weekends, the ballpark should bring more people in to the community.

“More people coming into the ballpark brings more business and opportunity into the community,” Hollman said.

The updated fields will benefit youth sports and the opportunity to play baseball and softball, while the community and businesses should benefit from the people coming into Eureka for baseball and softball.

“As people come into the community for their kids baseball and softball, they also are able to go to Eureka restaurants and food places around the community,” Hollman said.

For Eureka the town might look a little busy, but also thriving.

“Play 9 Sports and their tournaments will be a great opportunity for the Eureka community,” Hollman said.