All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

New cats in the house

New foreign exchange students this year

Vladislav Bugaev is a brand new foreign exchange student from Moldova. 

“I am very happy I took this exchange year because my new friends, my new school, and my new family are all very different from my country, it has been a really cool experience so far” Vladislav said.

Vladislav made it very clear that he knows he made the right choice in taking this opportunity. His brother pushed him into participating in the foreign exchange program and he is grateful that he did so.

“Teachers have been my favorite part about Eureka so far because they are active and are helpful towards students, the teachers in my country are boring” Vladislav said.

Like many of the foreign exchange students mentioned, the teachers here are very great at what they do. We are very lucky to have them in our school. 

Esteve Llevadot is also a new foreign exchange student here at Eureka from Spain. Esteve is a part of the junior varsity boys soccer team and is looking forward to the rest of the season with his teammates.

“Joining the soccer team has been very fun. I have never played real soccer before, only futsal back at home” Esteve said.

Esteve’s favorite part about Eureka is the football games and the people he has met. There were many reasons he took this exchange year.

“I did this to learn English, and all my family has been in the exchange program. I wanted to because they all had really great experiences,” Esteve said.

Esteve hopes to keep meeting new people and learning new things about life in the US.  

Viola Faracci is a new foreign exchange student from Italy. Viola took an exchange year to have new experiences, to try new things, and to learn a new language. Viola is still adjusting to Eureka but is loving every minute of it. 

“Everyone is very nice here so it has been easy for me to make new friends and adjust to how things work at this school,” Viola said.

Viola mentioned that the schooling is a lot different than in Italy.

“The schooling is simple compared to Italy with a lot less tests,” Viola said.

With this new chapter in Viola’s life she hopes to make the most out of it and make as many memories as possible. 

View Comments (1)
Donate to EHS-hub
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Eureka High School - MO. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.