All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

Printing… (In production)

Meet Eureka’s Production Manager
Rylie Cepicky

With an abundance of staff members at EHS, it is easy for roles that are vital to running the school to go unnoticed. One job that is of significant importance to our school is the Production Manager, Jolene Laughlin.

Laughlin runs the production for the school completely by herself. She is the mastermind behind the entire production at EHS, handling every aspect single-handedly. A typical day for Laughlin is filled with time-consuming tasks, such as producing tests, that are very important for the school day to run smoothly.

“The first thing I do is check the machines for any last-minute jobs that teachers need,” Laughlin said. “Some teachers have last-minute copies for their first or second-hour classes. Then I go and check the mailboxes where teachers put stuff in and ensure that those are empty. If I have any leftover things that are from the day before that need to be done in the morning, I do those as well, and my day just keeps going from there.”

Making sure that everything is completed and done on time seems like a challenge, but Laughlin states that she likes always having something to do, and keeps her on her toes.

“On top of photocopying, I also laminate and create things for teachers, like posters for their classrooms and other things,” Laughlin said.

With all of the work that is needed and produced in a single day, the job sounds overwhelming but for Laughlin, it comes naturally. She enjoys having the ability to weave her creativity into every element behind the work she does.

“I like the little creative aspects I get to incorporate into my job,” Laughlin said. “I also love always seeing new faces every day and having fun little conversations throughout the week. I enjoy everything about my job and I truly am excited to come to work every day.”

Many things that Laughlin does behind the scenes may go unnoticed. For example, there are around 1,700 students that attend EHS, which means for school dances there has to be a ticket created for each person that attends the dance.

“I’m a super perfectionist,” Laughlin said. “For example, when I was printing the Homecoming tickets I didn’t like the way the paper slicer did it, so I decided to hand cut all of the tickets myself.”

Laughlin single-handedly cut every Homecoming ticket to ensure that they looked nice for Eureka students. The behind-the-scenes work that Laughlin does often doesn’t receive recognition, but is a crucial role in keeping things running smoothly and ensuring that students have a positive learning experience. This dedication and hard work are invaluable.