All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

Dr. House-Write

Highlight on study hall teacher Mr. Housewright’s recently published novel and concert reviews.
Dr.+Jeremy+Housewright+displays+his+newly+published+book.+
Dr. Jeremy Housewright displays his newly published book.

From Taylor Swift to The Rolling Stones, Dr. Jeremy Housewright, a Study Hall Teacher at Eureka High School, has dedicated a large amount of time to watching, photographing, and reviewing a plethora of concerts. Along with writing concert reviews, Housewright has recently written and published a novel called For the Love of the Show, a deep dive into the pro-wrestling world and sharing fans’ stories of the sport.

As a college student, Housewright worked for the radio station 105.7 The Point. He was the promotions coordinator, which sparked his interest in the music industry.

“From there I was positioned with a magazine called “Playback STL”, which is no longer around, and I was their alternative rock journalist,” Housewright said. “The first concert that they ever sent me to was Linkin Park at The Pageant. I got to interview the band and watch the show.”

Photo courtesy of Dr. Housewright

This interaction locked Housewright in and confirmed that music reviewing was a calling of his. After the shutdown of “Playback STL”, Housewright took a position with ReviewSTL.com. Working with this website for about a year inspired him to reach out to the owner of the website about starting a music section.

“It started as me just going out and interviewing bands that came to St. Louis. It expanded to me going out and shooting photography for the shows. I was covering like four shows a week for a while, then I began bringing on some former students as my photographers,” Housewright said. “Now I have about four to seven photographers who will go out and shoot shows all over St. Louis, sometimes we even go to Kansas City or Chicago.”

Within the past year, Housewright’s concert attendance has slowed down a bit since he now has staff that can go and photograph the show for him. In 2023 he attended six concerts, but since the beginning of this job, he has attended more than 500 shows.

Alongside attending, photographing, and reviewing concerts, Housewright was working vigorously on writing and publishing his novel. Released on Nov. 10, For the Love of The Show can be found on Amazon and at Barnes and Noble. At the beginning of the writing process, Housewright had few expectations. He just wanted to write a book about something he was passionate about.

Photo courtesy of Dr. Housewright

“This book was fun to write because it is something enjoyable and I have a passion for pro-wrestling. I was getting to talk to fans and tell their stories,” Housewright said. “At first, I was just looking for interesting stories to write, and then it morphed into talking about their passion for the sport and how it has had an effect on their lives. It turned from something I just wanted to do, to something that made me able to do these stories justice.”

In this novel, Housewright shares the stories of numerous pro wrestling fans, which expand beyond just what goes on in the ring to the way this sport has changed the lives of so many people.
Housewright was recently approached about an idea for his next novel. Inspiration sparked in Housewright when he learned that cancer patients have been passing a painting to one another and adding their touch to it. Not much information about this is known to Housewright yet, but after hearing about this it has sparked interest for him.

For now, he is focused on promoting “For The Love of The Show” Once this novel gets all the publicity he is looking for, there will be another published piece by Jeremy Housewright. Throughout the years since beginning his concert reviewing and book writing, Housewright has come a long way and has achieved things he never thought would happen.

Photo courtesy of Dr. Housewright