All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

Let’s get knitty

Explore a world of artisanal delights at the charming Craft Fair!

The Craft Fair is a fantastic experience to spend with family and friends. It’s a great opportunity to take a break, be inspired by creativity, and support local artisans. Plus, there are cool-crafted items available for purchase.  

“The Craft Fair is an annual fundraiser put on by the EHS Band program,” EHS Band Director Jeremy Knudtson said. “It always happens on the first Saturday of November. We have over one hundred local artisans, who sell their crafts for anybody who wants to come, and look.”

Not only are there unique crafts to explore, but members of the Eureka High School Band put on performances. This culminates in the perfect opportunity to bond with friends while appreciating the local talent. 

Lily Hollenbeck, 11, volunteers for the early morning shift for Band, where she helps the vendors set up their spots and get their items to their booths. 

“The craft fair is honestly a lot of things all at once to me,” Hollenbeck said. “As someone in the Band, it means a lot. Not only is it a great opportunity for small businesses to reach a wide variety of customers, but it is also a great time to hang out with friends. I always do the early morning shift, where we help the vendors set up their spots and get their goods to their booths. It is so much fun every year and I have many fond memories from the early mornings that friends and I spent together.”  

The amount of patrons and vendors from the community supporting the EHS Band community contributes to making it a popular event. 

“There are so many small and local businesses that attend the craft fair, there is truly something for everyone,” Hollenbeck said. “Other students should attend because they are almost guaranteed to find something that sparks their interest. And who doesn’t love supporting a local business? Even if they don’t want to buy anything, the craft fair is so much fun. There are so many things to watch and even live music to enjoy. It’s a great opportunity to spend time with friends, or maybe even support someone they know.”