All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

All things EHS all the time

EHS-hub

Strauser Signing Out

Rockwood hires new Associate Principal, Sarah Goodman
Yearbook photo of Sarah Goodman

Starting July 1, Eureka will be getting a new associate principal, Sarah Goodman. Goodman was a language arts teacher at Eureka for 12 years before moving to Rockwood Summit as the class of 2025 assistant principal. 

She is in the process of getting her Education Specialist degree (Ed. S.) this coming summer, and next summer she will receive her doctorate.

“I’ll earn my Education Specialist degree from Mizzou this summer, and my doctorate next summer. I’m learning so much, not just from my coursework, but also from my colleagues. I get to collaborate with principals from across the state and across the country,” Goodman said. 

She is using this opportunity to expand her knowledge and experience on many things that will make being an administrator easier and allow her to build stronger relationships and connections with students and staff. 

“I’m writing my dissertation on how to support Generation Z teachers so that they stay in education. My research is helping me as a principal with ideas for supporting our newest teachers,” Goodman said. “Balancing extra schooling with working as an administrator is challenging, but my family, especially my husband, is very supportive. It takes a lot of organization to make sure I’m prioritizing my workload, but all those years as a Language Arts teacher come in handy while I’m writing papers for class.”

Along with being an administrator, Goodman also enjoys reading, going to the theater, spending time outside and with her family. During her previous time at Eureka, she was the assistant coach for Golden Line and sponsored the Catpound. She is already becoming involved in Eureka traditions and events this year. 

“I’m excited about meeting students at events,” Goodman said. “This year I’ve already been to the football state quarterfinal tailgate, Legally Blonde, and Mr. EHS. I’m going to be involved in E2 and E2Y2.”

Since Goodman is switching from being the principal of just one grade level to the school’s associate principal, there will be some challenges that she will face. 

“A challenge going from assistant principal to associate principal is no longer having a grade level cohort of students,” Goodman said. “I have really strong relationships with the junior class at RSHS, and since I’ll no longer have a cohort of students, I know I need to be very intentional about getting to know EHS students.

Eureka is known for its tight-knit community which is something that made Goodman want to return to the school. 

“There are a lot of factors that made me excited to come back to Eureka,” Goodman said. “A significant one is that my children, Harper and Wesley will be students here one day. My kids love coming to school events with me, so this is going to be wonderful for the whole family. This was an opportunity to come back home. I’m most looking forward to getting to know students. No one does freshman orientation like E!Crew, and it’s one of the most exciting days of the year. Next to that, I love welcoming new teachers at the start of the school year. Eureka is an incredible community, and I am so excited to share that with new teachers.”

Goodman has many goals and aspirations for her time at Eureka, she wants to allow every person who walks into Eureka to be the best version of themselves that they can be. 

“I’m passionate about empowering teachers and students,” Goodman said “My main goal is to ensure that Eureka is a place where each student feels a sense of belonging. I also believe that one of the most important jobs for principals is to make sure that teachers and staff feel valued and appreciated so that they can take care of students. It’s very important to me to encourage academic excellence and to encourage the whole staff to work together to ensure that we are providing the best education and school experience for all our students.”